Make your own Aladdin DIY craft around the world wheel!
I’ve been so excited to share this as my fave crafts to date. Presenting…. Aladdin DIY craft! *fireworks and poofs of blue smoke*
I love Aladdin for its humour (Genie’s is so OTT and witty!), exotic location (hello, Arabia!) and magic (flying carpets, a wish granting genie, a treasure cave!).
We really wanted to up our game with this Aladdin DIY craft, so that your child can explore our wonderful world too! Feel free to change the locations on the World Wheel to places that your family has been or that are special to you. DIY stands for Do It Yourself And Decide It Yourself!
Since you’re clearly an Aladdin lover, a heads-up that seats to our upcoming 1.5 hr Aladdin workshop on 1 June are filling up fast!
Materials for Aladdin DIY Craft:
- PositiveLeePeilin Aladdin DIY craft printable (download here)
- 2 plain large paper plates
- Light/sky blue crepe or tissue art paper
- Cotton wool
- Paper fasteners
- Scissors / Penknife
- Pencil / marker
Directions for Aladdin DIY Craft:
1. Download the free PositiveLeePeilin Aladdin printable here.
2. Print it out.
3. Cut out the World Wheel circle and Aladdin & Jasmine
4. Use a thumb tack or pin and poke a small hole in the middle of the two plates.
5. Glue the World Wheel onto the center of the base paper plate (Pro Tip: Use the pinhole as your guide.)
6. Cut and paste the blue crepe onto the top paper plate.
7. Cut out the window leaving a short stem on the top paper plate.
8. Glue Aladdin and Jasmine onto the stem. Position it so the magic carpet covers the stem and seems to be floating.
9. Tear small bits of cotton wool and paste onto the blue crepe/tissue paper.
10. Position the two plates. Use the paper fastener and gently push the split pin through both plates at the center hole created earlier (Pro Tip: Make it little loose so the 2 plates can turning freely.
11. Now explore the world with your child, Aladdin and Jasmine!