2-Day Camp: Up, Up and Away!
Every child (and arguably adult!) secretly wants to have super powers!
Award-winning storyteller, Peilin, will teach your child about the origins of superheros (hint: they date back to Greek Mythology!) and share the hilarious tale of ‘Charlie Superhero Underpants’, where our hero travels across exotic lands and world-famous landmarks in search of his favourite undergarment.
Your child will then be introduced to the fundamentals of using a sewing machine from the makers of Fashion MakerSpace. She will create her own reversible superhero cape with personalised logo!
- Date: Saturday & Sunday, 8 & 9 December 2018
- Time: 2pm – 5pm daily
- Venue: 258A South Bridge Road, Singapore 058807
- Skill Segment: Machine Sewing
- Age Suitability: 7 to 12 years old
- Price: $150. Get 10% off when you sign up for two classes and 15% off when you sign up for three!
What Happens at this 2-Day Kid's Camp?
Did you know that the symbol on Superman’s costume is not an “S”, but rather the Kryptonian symbol for “hope“? We will learn about the stories and symobolism behind famous superheroes, along with the use of comic books and the hilarious tale of ‘Charlie Superhero Underpants’.
Then, your child will design his own logo to sympoblise his own super powers. We then learn learn about how to use a sewing machine! Your child will learn how to safely operate the machine and how to prepare the fabrics to create his own cape.
We start the day with superhero warm-ups and story-creation about our superheros’ back stories. Thisis a great exercise in writing and unlocking your child’s imagination.
After this, we fight alongside our trusty sewing machine to complete the cape, learning how to connect the parts of the cape together so that it can be reversible.
We end of the session with each child presenting his superhero cape and story. Up, up and away!
How to Register?
To register, please fill in the contact form below, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or whatsapp / call +65 82885457. Please indicate the workshop you’re interested in (date & time) and the name & age of your child. Slots are limited, so book early!
Things to Note
- You have the option to drop-off your child or stay with us during the programme. Just let us know what works better for you!
- Photos and videos might be taken during the programme, so let us know beforehand if you prefer your child be excluded from this
- We need a minimum of 5 sign-ups one week before to hold the workshop. You will be informed via email 2 days before with the next available workshop slot, if the workshop does not happen. So invite your buddies to come play together!
- Detailed terms and conditions here.
About Our Skill Experts
Inspired by the sharing and spirit of makerspaces, Fashion Makerspace was created out of the desire to imbue the passion for creating and to enable and impart the skills of sewing into anyone’s keen fingers. Hosting a variety of sewing and digital designing workshops for kids and adults, Fashion Makerspace eagerly welcomes any hobbyist or avid sewer to join us in this gratifying labour of love with like-minded enthusiasts.
Check them out here at https://fashionmakerspace.com.