2-Day Camp: We’re Going on a Bear Hunt!
Ever wondered what it’s like to go on a bear hunt… or be hunted by a bear?
Award-winning storyteller, Peilin, brings to life this well-loved tale about a family who goes in search of a grizzly bear. Your child will swish through grasslands, swim through a river and trek into a deep dark cave, all whilst singing, shouting and laughing with other children!
After that, your child will be introduced to the fundamentals of using a sewing machine from the makers of Fashion MakerSpace. Your child will love learning how to make her own unique bear cushion to cuddle and love!
- Date: Saturday & Sunday, 24 & 25 November 2018
- Time: 2pm – 5pm daily
- Venue: 258A South Bridge Road, Singapore 058807
- Skill Segment: Machine Sewing
- Age Suitability: 4 to 10 years old
- Price: $150. Get 10% off when you sign up for two classes and 15% off when you sign up for three!
What Happens at this 2-Day Kid's Camp?
Did you know that bears have a better sense of smell than dogs? Also, they are one of the few mammals that see in colour! We will learn about what makes bears unique and the types of environments they live in.
Then, we will play-act the popular story ‘We’re Going on a Bear Hunt’, with actions, props and team work amongst the children.
After that, your child will design the face of her own bear cushion! We will learn about different fabrics and prepare the pillow-making materials together.
We roll up our sleeves and learn about how to use a sewing machine!
Your child will learn how to safely operate the machine and how to connect the parts of the pillow together and how to stuff and seal the pillow! We end the session with a bear hunt based on the stories that your child has created based on her homemade bear.
How to Register?
To register, please fill in the contact form below, email email@example.com, or whatsapp / call +65 82885457. Please indicate the workshop you’re interested in (date & time) and the name & age of your child. Slots are limited, so book early!
Things to Note
- You have the option to drop-off your child or stay with us during the programme. Just let us know what works better for you!
- Photos and videos might be taken during the programme, so let us know beforehand if you prefer your child be excluded from this
- We need a minimum of 5 sign-ups one week before to hold the workshop. You will be informed via email 2 days before with the next available workshop slot, if the workshop does not happen. So invite your buddies to come play together!
- Detailed terms and conditions here.
About Our Skill Experts
Inspired by the sharing and spirit of makerspaces, Fashion Makerspace was created out of the desire to imbue the passion for creating and to enable and impart the skills of sewing into anyone’s keen fingers. Hosting a variety of sewing and digital designing workshops for kids and adults, Fashion Makerspace eagerly welcomes any hobbyist or avid sewer to join us in this gratifying labour of love with like-minded enthusiasts.
Check them out here at https://fashionmakerspace.com.