I’ve spent the past six months preparing these workshops, but in reality, these workshops have been 10+ years in the making. I’ve conducted storytelling sessions to the public and regular groups of children, from pure storytelling sessions to customised children’s parties with all the bells and whistles.
These workshops are designed to keep your child engaged through storytelling, craft and a line-up of specially curated hands-on activities that range from craft to baking. Suitable for children aged between four and ten years old, each interactive workshop is centered around a key theme and invites your child to learn about real-world facts as they delve into imaginary worlds. With only four to eight children in each 1.5-hour or 2.5-hour session, your child can fully explore and learn in a fun and safe environment.
How These Workshops Develop Your Child:
1. Expand General Knowledge: Ah, the adage “knowledge is power” holds true. Your child will be exposed to factual and historical information about the theme through visuals and non-fiction books. This helps your child link the story to real world knowledge.
2. Build Confidence and Sense of Ownership: Your child is bursting with opinions and facts and we want to hear them! Your child’s sharing are written and posted to the group blackboard, so she gets physical affirmation of her contribution to the conversation. This encourages participation and builds confidence.
3. Unlock Imagination: Your child is invited a journey through pictures, voices and actions through story acting and role-playing.
4. Explore Mixed Media and Textures: Your child is encouraged to get his hands dirty, be it with dough or glue! We carefully choose a variety of safe materials to let your child experiment with. These encourage your child’s motor skills and senses, especially touch.
5. Develop Social Skills: Your child will be in paired and group activities to encourage articulation, communication and mutual learning, guided by us, of course